Image via Wikipedia
I was watching The Celtics vs The Trailblazers on TNT on January 27, 2011, and I just found out something quite interesting as the announcers were talking about stats, Reggie Miller is the Greatest 3pt FG Shooter of ALL TIME. Wow, I didn’t even though that. I mean I knew Reggie Miller is great and is my favorite basketball player of all time, but I am impressed. I sticked with him being my favorite player for so many years from the days I was much younger watching him do his thing on the court with those jaw dropping 3 pt shots.
Either way the closest person to taking the lead over this great achievement is Ray Allen on the Boston Celtics (a guess the reason why they were talking about the stats) but anyways they are both great players. Another interesting thing they spoke about also, so the routine Ray Allen does by showing up to a game 2-4 hours earlier to shoot and make at least 150 shots in to train himself, so when taking shots in the actual game, it will come to no surprise when the shoots go in and earn points for his team. I think that is truly awesome.
Do you have a favorite basketball player? Do you like Reggie Miller or Ray Allen?
Thanks for reading
Reginald Wayne Miller (born August 24, 1965) is a retired American professional basketball player. Miller spent the entirety of his 18-year NBA career with the Indiana Pacers. Miller was known for his precision three-point field goal shooting, especially in clutch situations. He holds the NBA record for career three-pointers made (2,560). Currently, he works as an NBA commentator for TNT. He is the younger brother of fellow TNT sportscaster Cheryl Miller and former Major League Baseball player Darrell Miller.Miller is one of five Pacers to have his jersey (#31) retired by the team (the others are Roger Brown, Mel Daniels, Bobby “Slick” Leonard and George McGinnis). Miller was also selected for the Pacers’ 40th anniversary team in 2007.Miller’s role in the bitter Knicks–Pacers rivalry in the 1990s Eastern Conference playoffs, characterized by remarkable and timely three-point shooting by Miller and his confrontations with New York Knicks fan Spike Lee, earned him the nickname “Knick Killer.”
EXCERPTS from: Wikipedia.org – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Miller
Over his 18-year NBA career, Miller made over $105,000,000 in salary, playing in 1,389 games for the Pacers, sixth-most in NBA history and second-most for a player who spent his career with only one team.
- Miller played more games with the same team than all but two players in NBA history, John Stockton and Karl Malone of the Utah Jazz. Over the course of his career, Miller scored 25,279 points, with an average of 18.2 points per game. He shot .471 from the field, .395 from 3-point range and .888 from the free throw line.
- Miller made the All-NBA Third Team three times throughout his career and received his only MVP votes in 1998 and 2000.
- Miller was the first Indiana Pacer to start in an NBA All-Star Game, first doing so in 1995. He was also selected to the team in 1990, 1996, 1998 and 2000.
- Miller is the all-time NBA leader in total 3-point field goals made (2,560) and ranks 14th in total points (25,279), 7th in free throw percentage (88.8%), 6th in minutes played (47,619) and 7th in games played (1,323). He is also the all-time leader in three-point field goals made in the playoffs (320).
- Miller led the league twice in three-point field goals made (1992-93, 1996-97). He led the league in free throw percentage five times, including his last season.
-Miller made a three-pointer in 68 consecutive games from November 15, 1996 to April 6, 1997.
- Miller is one of only five members in the 50-40-90 Club of players who shot 50% or better from the field, 40% or better from three-point range, and 90% or better from the free throw line in a single season while also achieving the NBA league minimum number of makes in each category. Larry Bird, Mark Price, Steve Nash, and Dirk Nowitzki are the only other players to achieve this feat.
- Named to the 1987-88 NBA All-Rookie Second Team after averaging 10.0 ppg and 2.3 rpg